Monday, February 13, 2012

Lemon Tea is a Treat for Me


This weekend I tried Mill St. Brewery's Lemon Tea beer. It is a wheat beer that has a little bit of orange pekoe and earl grey mixed in with it. Which to me is a bit confusing because they call it Lemon Tea but there isn't actually any lemon tea in it. Ignoring that fact though, my verdict is: would be nice on a warm summer day on a patio.

Now, as I have mentioned before, I'm not going to be using extremely technical terminology and I am not formerly educated in beer, so bare with my descriptions.

I found this beer refreshing, but not my first choice for the winter. I would think of it as the adult version of iced tea, and so I would have one of these outside on a patio with a good book.

Personally, I find wheat beers to be citrusy and cloudy. When I first started drinking beer and saw the cloudiness, I associated it with being a heavy beer. With the Mill St. Lemon Tea this was not the case. I wouldn't classify it as a light beer, but not a bad start for those of you who are still trying to find a beer taste you like, as it is not like your typical beer.

Cheers,
The Lager Lady

4 comments:

  1. Claire, I am not a beer drinker at all.. I've tried and tried to make myself like it but its never happened, but this kind lemon tea beer kind of intrigues me! Im hoping you blog will help me find my inner beer drinker haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choice! If you're ever in Toronto I highly recommend going right to the MIll St Brewery, they have a pub/restaurant right in between all the distilling vats, pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "adult version of iced tea" that sounds pretty good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you got tea in my beer! No, you got beer in my tea!

    ReplyDelete