Monday, February 6, 2012

Floris Ninkeberry Makes Me Merry

I stumbled across Floris Ninkeberry when I was living in Dublin last year. I was at The Porter House with some friends and decided to try some different beers. The selection was unbelievable so my friend Kristin and I did a bit of sharing. After chocolate, raspberry and strawberry, Kristin opted for a Floris Ninkeberry because it had such a hilarious name.

The result: a new-found favourite. It was so fruity and light, at first taste you wouldn't even guess it was beer. This is a great option if you want to partake in beer-tasting without worrying about having to hold your nose.

It is a Belgian beer that is a mix of mango and passionfruit. After much research (mainly Googling), I have determined that ninkeberry is not a real fruit, it is just what the Belgians call this delicious creation. For beer that tastes this good, they can call it whatever they like as far as I'm concerned.

I am on the hunt to find this beer in Canada, if anybody comes across a bar that carries it please let me know (after you've tried one, of course).

Proost,
The Lager Lady

3 comments:

  1. Check at the LCBO. I have found some tasty imported beer there. They may be able to order it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to try some if I hop over ti Ireland when I am on my trip this may! Especially since I know you can recommend some good pubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lesley, I didn't know that they did special orders! I will have to go for a wander around one.

    And Pam let me know when you're heading over, I definitely know the hot spots to grab a pint in Dublin! I'll even send you to the one that was my 'local' while I was over there.

    ReplyDelete