Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beer 4 Boobs

Please be sure you do not mix that up and think 'Boobs 4 Beer' because that is not the message I am trying to get across.

I came across this really cool event, Beer for Boobs, happening in Toronto on March 25. It is a fundraiser for - you guessed it - breast cancer! And the main attraction - you got it again - beer! You are on a roll, my faithful reader, but have a rest while I give you all the details.

It is happening at barVolo and will be featuring 10 specially brewed beers by local brewers. And better yet, these beers are being developed by 9 female brewers. This event couldn't have more girl power if the Spice Girls were singing (though that would be something, wouldn't it?) The doors open at 2:00 and it is $20 to get in.

Overall, this event seems like a great opportunity to try some new brews and support a great cause. Not to mention, support local breweries, as the brewers are all from around here. They're going to put their minds together to create one super beer and then split into smaller groups to create the rest.

If you're able to attend, I highly recommend it, and I know that I'm going to try to. For more information, check out this article, the Facebook page or the Twitter feed. Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
The Lager Lady



3 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I'm definitely going to tell my brother about this, he'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be a great opportunity for anyone just starting out in the beer world, as you can try a bunch of different kinds at once to get a feel for your preferences.

    I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete