Monday, February 20, 2012

An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away

This weekend I tried Nicklebrook's Green Apple Pilsner beer, and I was so happy that I made this discovery. I was also pleasantly surprised when I discovered that this brewery is located in my hometown of Burlington, ON.

This beer is delicious. I was intrigued when I saw it in the LCBO and thought that it deserved a chance. What I found was a truly fruity experience. It tasted like an apple-flavoured pop (or soda or fizzy drinks or whatever you choose to call that type of beverage in your part of the world.) While the apple flavour has hints of cider (the alcoholic kind, blog entry on this coming soon), it is unique. A great option for someone who doesn't like even the slightest taste of been, but wants to join in on the pint party.

Now because I share the same turf as Nicklebrook, I have the privilege of purchasing this at any Beer Stores and LCBOs in my town, but if you are from some other town or city you can check here to see if it's at your local LCBO. Also, here is a list of restaurants and bars that carry Nicklebrook beers, hopefully including the Green Apple Pilsner.

Cheers,
The Lager Lady

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good choice for a beer beginner like me, I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea Nickelbrook was from Burlington! My mom sometimes buys their gluten-free beer from the LCBO and sometimes I snag one or two for my own enjoyment. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's made from pears. Now that I know it's a local brewery it makes the beer that much better! I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled at the LCBO for the Green Apple Pilsner, but so far I've only ever seen their gluten-free beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a refreshing beer for summer. Must try. I also like the variety packs from Mill St. Brewery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicklebrook may be the answer to my beer needs! For some reason I always expect beer to taste like apple juice and then I'm so disappointed when the taste doesn't match. I normally can't drink beer but I may need to try some Green Apple Pilsner.

    ReplyDelete