Monday, March 5, 2012

Beergarita Senoritas

It seemed like it was time to try making a beer cocktail for the blog. I found a recipe for Beergaritas (margaritas with beer in them) online and thought they sounded delicious. After showing this fun recipe served in mason jars to my friend Kristin, who has a blog on mason jars, we decided this was the perfect recipe for us.

The recipe called for some light beer, tequilla, limeade and water. We went with Molson Canadian (a very basic Canadian beer) and used ice instead of water since we didn't have time to freeze them. We also chose to wing-it rather than reading the recipe, so we ran into a few snags while we were mixing these up.

We decided that we would just toss the ingredients into the blender, mix them together and pour them into mason jars. This was not our brightest idea since we didn't factor in that the beer would foam when we mixed it in the blender. It does. It overflowed. Do not fill the blender to the top if you're putting the beer in it.

Other than that, the only other issue was we didn't have time to freeze them. So plan ahead for these ones!

Overall, I really enjoyed the beergaritas, and the adventure we had making them. You couldn't really taste the beer, so if you like margaritas then this could be a way to introduce beer to your palate. Definitely a fun and festive drink to be enjoyed with friends.

Salud,
The Lager Lady

11 comments:

  1. I still need to try one of your beergaritas. I've always lived and died by "beer before liquor makes you sicker; liquor before beer goes down clear"—I can't imagine what would happen if you consumed both alcohols in one drink, but perhaps we need to come up with a third part to that rhyme, like "taken together, all the better!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't fret, the beergarita you gave me was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had fun making beergaritas with you! Found some bars thats serve beer in mason jars we will have to continue our research.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I normally do not drink beer, as I really don't like the taste/smell of it. Beergaritas sound very interesting however and will definitely have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you guys introduced me to Beergaritas. They were delicious and I'm not a fan of Tequilla. I plan on making these soon, now with the warmer weather coming. I wonder if there are any other interesting concoctions with beer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looked delicious. I will send you the photos I took as soon as I find my memory card. I also will definitely plan on making these for any upcoming parties! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I mentioned on Kristin's blog, I'm making beergaritas for my girl's night tomorrow. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you all enjoyed them! And for those of you who didn't, let me know how they go if you whip up a batch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Claire,

    Love reading your thoughts on the beer world. We've been working on coming up with some Beer Cocktails to introduce non-beer drinkers to the world of beer. As always you don't need to follow the recipes exactly but they are really fun to make!

    the Miller Chill Mojito
    To a highball glass, muddle 4 lime wedges, 12 mint leaves, 1/2 oz. simple syrup. Fill glass with Miller Chill. Garnish with lime wedge

    Skinny Sangria:
    Molson Canadian 67 Sublime with fresh blueberry lemonade, red wine and fresh fruits. Recipe:
    To a goblet with ice add: 1 oz. lemonade, 1 oz. blueberry juice, 2 oz. red wine, 4 oz. MC 67 Sublime. Garnish with sliced grapes, lemons, lime and oranges.

    The Sour 67:
    To a highball glass filled with ice, add 1 tbspn frozen blueberries, 1oz lemon juice, 1oz lime juice, 1oz simple syrup. Top with Molson Canadian 67 and garnish with a basil sprig.

    There is also the Molson M Bellini...I don't have the exact recipe but it has Molson M with fresh apricot juice and a hint of pomegranate syrup.

    Let me know what you think if you try any!

    Cheers,
    Nicole


    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those sound delicious Nicole! I will definitely give them a try and let you know when the reviews are up :)

      Delete