Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Carlsberg Clairesberg

Ah Carlsberg, one of my all-time favourites. I believe that this Carl character and I must have very similar taste. Although it has to be in the right context.

Carlsberg was my drink of choice when I was living in Dublin. I would go to my local pub, Fitzgeralds Bar, my bartender friends knew that it was going to be a pint of this delicious beer that I was ordering (though I kept them on their toes by ordering a Bulmers sometimes). Before I go on, I would like to note that this pub was right next to my work and going for a pint after work in Ireland is equivalent to the North American cup of coffee. And when you go to the same place all the time, the bartenders get to know who you are.

So after a year of enjoying this light and classic beer (this does have a beer taste for all of you still working on finding that perfect pint, but it's not too strong) I came home to realize that it is not as popular back home, and most importantly does not taste the same.

This is the first time that it really hit me that beer in the bottle tastes different from that in a tap. And beer in it's homeland will always taste better than when it is abroad. But the next time you're in Ireland, or Europe for that matter since it is a Danish beer, be sure to order a pint of Carlsberg and enjoy the bliss.

On that note, I will leave you with a video of one of their hilarious commercials:

Skål,

The Lager Lady

2 comments:

  1. I've yet to try Carlsberg, but this commercial has me sold on it. I tried a new beer last night called AntiGravity light ale- it was ok, not the tastiest but easy to drink. Love everything about your blog, especially the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Claire. Your post and the commercial really make me want to try it.

    ReplyDelete