Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy New Beers

Well, here I am with all those other New Year's resolution makers. Mine is to begin blogging again (and this one I will make stick).

It is hard to pin down what solidified this resolution. Perhaps a trip to Bier Market over the holidays where I perused through their lengthy list of beers (deciding was the hardest part). Maybe it was the fact that I need some sort of creative outlet back in my life. Or maybe it was the fact that Toronto's Festival of Beer tweeted that they were looking for beer bloggers.

Moving on. While at Bier Market, I was having a really tough time choosing a beer. The menu just goes on and on. So my friend pointed out that they had a beer called Coopers. To most of you, this wouldn't matter. To me, my decision was made. Allow me to introduce you to the Cooper I know:

Me & Cooper

This is my sister's dog, but since I don't have my own, I act like he's mine. So I had to try the beer in his honour.

Coopers is an Australian beer and has been in production for 151 years (that is longer than Canada has been a country) so it must be doing something right. The one that Bier Market has on their menu is the Sparkling Ale. How could any girl resist something that made her think of sequins and puppies? (Note: I'm sure many could, but it was two of my weak spots)


My verdict: maybe not the best beer for winter. It was nice and light and I liked it but not the most memorable beer I've had in my day. But I do think the sparkling aspect takes a bit of the beer 'edge' off, so it is a good option for someone trying to fit in with a bottle of beer in this establishment. I may revisit this in the summer and see how I feel about it then.

Cheers mate,
The Lager Lady

1 comment:

  1. Hi Claire
    I have tried this beer and have really enjoyed it. I am partial to a more 'sparkling' light beer. I found it at the LCBO .

    ReplyDelete