Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Pint of this Blog

Welcome to the world of beer from the female perspective. As a beer-drinking girl, I have recently noticed how this delicious beverage is not a fan-favourite amongst my gender, which has led me to ask the question why. There is the common answers of "I don't like how it tastes" or "It's too filling" but could it also be because it is not marketed to us?

I did not like beer when I first tried it in university, so I will be the first to agree that it is an acquired taste. As time went on, I grew to really enjoy beer. I discovered which ales I enjoyed the taste of and how to avoid the filling ones. Now I'm hoping to teach other non-beer-drinkers (henceforth known as non-beeries) that there is a beer out there that they can enjoy.

Whether it is that refreshing drink on a hot summer night or the pint you have with friends by the fireplace, I believe that there is a beer for (almost) every occasion. Come along for the adventure as I discover just what these beers are.

Cheers,
The Lager Lady

3 comments:

  1. I was in the same boat as you, Claire. I hated beer before university. But then when I discovered that A. all drinking games (Beer Pong, Flip Cup) are played with beer, and B. that you could buy large quantities of beer all at once (pitchers!!!), I instantly converted. Also, boys like beer, and when the majority of your co-workers are guys, you get used to it pretty quick.

    I have a "beer passport" from Western that has about 30 international beers on it if you'd like some ideas for different ones.

    Can't wait for the next entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog idea Claire! Beer is an amazing drink but for some reason under appreciated by women. Beer Fest in Toronto really opened my eyes to the countless types of beer. Flying Monkeys makes amazing flavoured beer that women can really find an appreciation for, if you haven't already you should try it!

    http://theflyingmonkeys.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex that would be great to see the passport! I'm always looking for new ideas.

    Sam, thanks a million for the suggestion! I hadn't heard of Flying Monkeys so I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete